Thursday, June 4, 2015

5 Steps to Losing Weight Over 50 #weightloss #weightgain #whatstrending #dieting

We all know that doing anything physical is more difficult as you age, but I hadn’t realized, until last year, that losing weight was, also, more difficult. I have been wrestling with the same 10 pounds for over two years. However, in the past two weeks I have lost NINE pounds of the ten. Yes, and it was easy, actually. Here are the steps I took. The final steps are the interesting ones that older people don’t think about, but they are so true to form.
  1. Limit meals to 500-600 calories each. Yes, this means eating lots of vegetables, little to no carbs, and some protein. Where I made the big mistake in eating for two years was in this category. For my age group you can’t eat AS MUCH as you want of vegetables and protein. Calorically and metabolically, you still gain weight. You have to limit your caloric intake. You may also eat five smaller meals each day. I have only been eating 3 while I’m trying to lose. I’ll increase the meals and calories when I get to my desired weight.
  2. Of course, when you put fuel into the gas tank, you must use it. Experts say the first step about calories, however, is the most important at our age. But, exercise is paramount to losing weight, especially aerobic exercise. Personally, I have been doing extra to get it off quickly: 45 minutes of cycling, 10 laps in the swimming pool, 30 minutes of yoga, and 10 minutes of abs. (I know that sounds daunting, but I study while I’m on the bike, love swimming and yoga, and the only torture is the abs part.) Of course, you can do less, but the result will mean losing weight slowly, which also good.
  3. These final three steps I found in Huffington Post: People who are over 50 tend to not sleep as well as younger people. When you toss and turn, this leaves you feeling like you need energy the next day. When that happens, you overeat. Actually, sleeping well is the easiest way to lose weight. So, focus in on finding better sleep habits and you’ll lose weight every night. Seven good hours of sleep burns 100 calories
  4. Wash the pesticides off of your food and don’t store your food in plastic. The chemicals that are in pesticides and the chemicals that seep off of the plastic in your bottled water are both deterrents to losing weight! Yikes!
  5. Finally, and this theory is still not completely tested, but it makes sense: According to AARP, "Lowering your thermostat from 75 to 68 degrees stimulates brown fat and increases calorie burn by 100 calories a day."
I hope these steps help you as much as they aided me in losing these nine pounds. I haven’t seen this number on the scale for over two years.
GLUTEN FREE COVER

Today's featured book is my Gluten Free Cookbook. It's a book birthed from my own personal growth, using diet and holistic practices to cure disease and stress. I guarantee you'll love these easy recipes. All are under 30 minutes to cook. Also, if you click on the Amazon site, you'll see all of my 15 book— Cookbooks, Novels,  Self-Help Books, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.
* * *
 Bird in a Flower
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…
What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?

Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via PHONE, SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and "being gay" defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/. 
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]



No comments: