Sunday, November 15, 2015

Anthropomorphizing God? #anthropomorphizingGod #IsGodHuman #DivineMind #SpiritualLiving

The worst mistake we can make in our spiritual growth would be to expect God to act as a human being. God is the energy behind all creation. God is Spirit, amazing, loving, and creative energy. Our desire to make God human (the definition of anthropomorphizing) only profits us when we are spiritual children, because we need to feel close and be nurtured and taught like a child. But, when we grow to spiritual adulthood, this image could greatly hinder our growth, just as a child’s growth would be hindered if she continued to nurse from her mother into her teens.

As I was praying this morning, looking at an ominous sky, I began to speak what I know. As I spoke, I realized that I kept saying phrases like, “the beautiful sky is God; the sun and moon are God, the trees and the ocean are God…” Then, suddenly, my mind and words began to focus on the energy that created the beings and the amazing manifest universe. I realized in that moment how much I had attributed my life and my surroundings to an image that was much like my own father on earth. My dad was a perfectionist and expected nothing less of his son.

I remembered the scriptures in the bible about coming to God with childlike behavior. However, I do not remember a time in my own childhood when I frolicked and danced about without the worry of being perfect. So, I asked myself, aloud, “How much of this expectation of perfection am I imposing on myself, because I think God is just like my father?”
Big question, right?

The answer liberated my soul, in that moment. I realized that all of my expectations of God come from my singular idea that God will act like man. In my mind, on some days, this man is a great man, one with compassion and love. On other days, when I feel gloomy, the man in the sky abandons me and gives me coal for Christmas, because I am not perfect. Neither of these thoughts are the energy that made the universe. Neither of these thoughts are God.
The problem that we all have in articulating what and where God is has to do with the dimension in which we live and the metaphors of life with which we attribute reflections of God.
Our spirits are confined, first, to the body of an animal. And this animal body, with all of its propensities to act like an animal are also confined to a universe—specifically, humans are pushed toward earth by gravity. So, how is it that this animal/spiritual/being is supposed to find its way back to God?

The answer is not what you might expect. We never left God, spiritually. Even in the Christian bible, most theologians will say that there are two versions of creation in Genesis. One version is the creation of Spirit. The other version, after the descent of man, is the human creation, when Adam and Eve were separated into two humans.

Since we know that God is a unifying force, we can also deduct that by separating, humans chose to move in the opposite direction of unity—maybe, on purpose. Perhaps, this is the moment in time, when we decided “with” God to come to earth. We decided to use this three-dimensional earth plane to confine our spirits in humanness—for a time—to learn in this school.
I would like to think that this earth school has both classrooms and a playground. If we confine ourselves to just the classroom, we will never experience the entirety of this amazing journey as humans.
The one thing I know for certain is that this journey is not finished. The earth school is not finished. We are still moving forward toward something greater, perhaps scarier, maybe more joyous, but clearly moving back toward unification. The only real fact we have in this earth journey is that it will help our spirit (within our humanness) to grow and to become more like the energy that created us.
So, with that being said:
  • Decide to learn in this human paradigm without judgment;
  • Decide to allow your body to feel, but nurture it, instead of using it as a barometer for life; and
  • Decided that God is Spirit, continually growing within you, maturing within you, in a way that only YOU can let happen.
Know that if you choose to be in the classroom and try to be perfect like earthly Daddy wanted, and never play; that is, indeed, an honorable choice. You will learn, but you may never have fun on this path. That would be a shame, since there is so much love to be had and joy to be gained, even in a earth home that can sometimes be perilous and frightening.
Today, decide to have fun on this journey and dance. I hope you will dance with me.

***
Are you in need of Life or Spiritual Coaching? I've been a life coach and clinical hypnotherapist and minister of New Thought for 25 years. I do my sessions online, so you can even have your session in bed, so that you can go directly to sleep during the hypnosis session. You must have a laptop or a notebook to do these sessions, either on Skype or Facetime. You can give me a call at 954-253-6493. My fee is $95 for an hour.

Anxiout Attachment CoverPicture of Learning AloneNew web pic:Theoraphasz
You can find all of my Books by Category at http://www.bosebastian.com/new-page/ All of these books have been birthed from my own spiritual growth. I guarantee you'll enjoy how each will help you maintain a positive mind, body, and spirit. Also, if you click on the Amazon site, you'll see all of my 15 book— Cookbooks, Novels, Self-Help Books, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.

* * *
cropped-6009Color1001.jpg 
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…
What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via PHONE, SKYPE or FACETIME.)
www.bosebastian.com

Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]





No comments: