Monday, November 17, 2014

The Strength in Unity Below the Surface

An ancient Chinese proverb exists that basically shares the reason why Redwood trees have lasted so long on the earth. They grow for years without dying or being destroyed, even in the midst of earthquakes, hurricanes, and flooding. The reason is that the tree’s roots immediately begin to extend down and out, looking for other Redwood tree roots to connect with. When another is found, the first tree winds its roots around the older tree, creating a deep, inner connection beneath the soil, so strong that little can destroy the powerful unity that merges them together.

I love this image. Even the smallest of Redwood trees are protected by this interlocking system deep within the earth’s bosom. How much can we learn from this wonderful metaphor?

In the last six months I have learned more about my spiritual self and the laws of spirituality than I have my entire life. Of course, one of the reasons is that I have taken 6-9 months off from work to focus in on this Encore Career time of my life. Before this began, I committed to beginning my life anew in Florida, only taking with me from my past those things and people who have served my life in a powerful, authentic, and meaningful way. I sold or gave away almost a half of what I owned. I moved into a much smaller and much cheaper place to live, though I’m certain everyday I have exchanged excess for even more beauty and lots less responsibility.

With the start of a new life and a new beginning, we all must learn to build on a firm foundation. I began this foundation for my move three months before I packed one article. I began to build with meditation and prayer. Each day, I would create a log of people, places, and things that needed to be dealt with in my present life. I, also, kept a journal on my computer of dreams I wanted to create in my future. The two paths intersected and merged in many ways to manifest what I am now living.

What I have noticed, though, with this new, stronger intentional living is that the more I wish to garner in my life, the stronger my roots must be. Not only stronger, but my roots need to have this interconnection of family and spiritual friends to truly ground me in so many wonderful ways.

As winds inevitably come to try and knock down anyone’s intentions, we must always depend on the strength that we initially placed in the foundation of what we built. Much like the engineer who imagines a building as high as the Trade Towers. If he has faith in the foundation, the structure itself will never fail.

Marlenepic
 
This novel chronicles my stay in New York City in a somewhat cultish home with unique and powerful prayer warriors. I created a fictional twist to make the story burst from the pages when an outsider falls in love the character, who most mirrors my life. You’ll have fun with “Marlene and the Religiously Insane!” Go to Amazon!

* * *

Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]
 

No comments: