Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Seeing the World in Black and White #badweather #snow

The weather, lately, has been snowy in the North and bleak and rainy in the Deep South, where the sun is usually always shining. When I went out to walk Coco this morning, everything—the beautiful palm trees, the grass, the sky, even the swimming pool—looked as if it had been changed with that magic edit button that turns a photograph to black and white or antique. Life looked more like a picture of lifelessness than did vibrant.

I have to be careful not to allow the tenor of the day to affect my consciousness. I’ve always been one of those people who seemed to be connected to the weather in ways where I could even feel if it was going to rain in my bones. Cloudy weather made me feel SAD. However, most times, this feeling would overwhelm me and cause me to feel sullen and want to stay in bed longer and just put the covers over my head.

I don’t want to be affected by this Seasonal Disorder anymore. Do I actually have a choice? Well, you can be a part of this little experiment with me or just be an observer. Today, I’m making a point to climb out of my old paradigm and experience this rainy day in a new and vibrant mental way, not dependent upon what it appears to be or how my body feels.

One important aspect of changing behavior is to find routine. So, even though I wanted to stay in my meditation for a longer time, because I could hear the rain outside, I woke up when I heard the ending bell of my Insight Timer (this is an App for people who meditate). I walked the dog without an umbrella, which woke me up and helped me feel the day, instead of avoid it.

When I came back to my home, I made coffee (a stimulant) and ate some plain yogurt. Now I’m writing this blog, trying to plan a day that won’t be hindered by the rain or the bad weather. I have a lunch planned at 11:30 a.m. and an audition for an agency at 1:00 p.m., then I’m supposed to help out at the church from 2-5:00 p.m. I couldn’t have purposely planned this day better. All of these activities don’t give me a chance to wallow in this seemingly sullen day and want to nap and hull up on the couch, which was my normal tendency.

I realize that my day and a 40-hour-a-week job looks much different, so most of you don’t have a choice whether to get up and go to work or sleep. But, you do have a choice in how you face a bleak day. You might say as I did, “The rain or snow is a gift from Spirit. It waters the land. It’s beautiful and perfect just as it is!” When I affirm that the NOW is okay just the way it is, I purposely immerse myself in the moment, not avoiding it at all.

If right NOW is the only moment we have, why should we waste a day moaning about weather? Right? This day can be about reconnecting with people you need to call. You could do paperwork or taxes you’ve been avoiding. A snow day may be the perfect excuse to get that one task done that you’ve been avoiding for six months.

Sometimes the nostalgia of a black and white movie is exactly what you need to feed your soul with the joy of the past. We always have a choice to turn a dull and dreary day into a colorful and vibrant one.

 Marlenepic

This novel chronicles my stay in New York City in a somewhat cultish home with unique and powerful prayer warriors. I created a fictional twist to make the story burst from the pages when an outsider falls in love the character, who most mirrors my life. You’ll have fun with “Marlene and the Religiously Insane!” Go to Amazon!

* * *

Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]
 

No comments: