Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Willow Bends

I remember a time when I was a child. My family had a huge willow tree in the back yard. We hung off it, had a large rope swing tied to it, and often climbed its gnarled limbs. As its branches were already close to the ground, during a windstorm, the tree would almost bow toward the earth in humble adoration. I remember this image as if it were yesterday.

I love how nature mimics and almost exemplifies how Spirit hopes we act in times of inevitable stress. With roots as deep as its height, the tree had the leverage to bend and sway with the wind’s calling. How deep our your roots in what you believe?

I find it simple to measure the depth of my faith. Every day offers so many ways to see just how much I believe in the Law of Good and Grace. I get stuck in traffic. How do I act? I miss a text message and don’t answer with the right words, offending a friend. How do I react? I dress for sun and it rains vehemently. Am I disappointed? I lose my job or someone dies who is close. Do I think that God is bad or Spirit is personally hurting me?

Everything in life is like the wind. Sometimes its still and lets us flow on our own. But other times the wind is harsh and pushes us in directions unimaginable. Do we hold on with dear life, trying not to move? Or do we let go into the arms of Love and find a home in the hapless and joyful ways of the wind?

I wish I could say that I haven’t been holding on for dear life sometimes. It is within all of our natures to get rigid rather than bend. One great thing about the spiritual and physical practice of yoga is that it teaches us to be limber and soften the ways of our rigid bodies to prepare us for the bowing me must do to stay present with life.

Let’s take a lesson from nature today in our spiritual search for wisdom. Look at the ways the flowers gently bloom, sometimes whither in the hot sun, but often find roots deep enough to get to the water deeper in the earth that they need to flourish again the next morning.

 The_Leaving_Cellar_Cover_for_Kindle

This book is a story of never saying what you want or believe, until maybe it’s too late. This piece of Southern Literary Fiction will have you laughing and crying as the confusion of life, love, and crazy characters find their way into your heart. Go to Amazon!

* * *

Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]

No comments: