Friday, January 10, 2014

Who’s Your Personal #peopleschoice Award Going To?

Who’s Your Personal #peopleschoice Award Going To?

My household watched the People’s Choice Awards two nights ago. We actually enjoyed the fun, nonformalized version of the awards ceremony. What I didn’t know or understand until I checked the Internet after the awards was that there were many more categories not presented. But the only categories that were presented on the show were ones that a substantial amount of people voted for. So, even some major categories such as “Best Actor in a Dramatic Television Show” didn’t even make it to the screen, which I thought was very interesting.

My mother commented after watching, “See, these are all shows I watch and are my favorites! Now, you’ll listen to me when I say a show is good!”

I retorted to my partner quietly, “If you look up the word narcissist, her name will be beside it!” We laughed evilly.

“That’s it, go ahead and laugh,” she said, “and talk about me. But I’m correct!”

Allen said, “LaVerne, it’s just an honor to be in your presence!”

She bowed… Oh, my dear mother so wanted to be honored that night, she made up her own category: Best Mother in a Quiet Home Drama!

I wonder how many people in our lives need our approval? Because of their anxious need, we tend to dismiss them. But what if just a small pat on the back or “I truly appreciate you” could make the difference between feeling loved or taken advantage of? Would you be able to give an authentic nod to that person? I would say, do it and see what happens.

We all have personal choices for people who excel in making our lives better. I have many in that category, but only one will shine brightest. I think all of them deserve a nod, my mother included. She tries her best to be a loving and supportive parent. She always, always honors my gay lifestyle and never condemns me for my choices. For that, I’d say she’s a very good representation of a parent. So, thank you, Mom.

But, alas, my personal choice for person of the year in my life is my precious Allen. He is steadfast, securely attached, loving, and funny 95% of the time. In those other times, he doesn’t bring his personal issues to the table for me to fumble over. He shares, but doesn’t make me responsible. For that, I think he has exceeded every expectation I have had about relationship, thus far, in my life. Congratulations, Allen Staley, for being the best partner a man can ask for!

Please check out our Week 10 challenge below.
______________________________________________

New Challenge: Go to Week 10 of the “Year to CLEAR Challenge” at www.Bosebastian.com
______________________________________________

Go to www.bosebastian.com for Week One to Four Challenges:
TOOLS FOR CHANGE:
Go to Storefront to buy any of the following or make a donation to Finding Authentic You: www.shop.bosebastian.com

·       My Latest Book: Finding Authentic You—7 Steps to Effective Change (800 page downloadable Kindle version)
·       Introduction to Meditation
·       Smoke Cessation mp3
·       Weight Loss mp3
·       Hypnotic Lap Band surgery Mp3
·       Insomnia mp3
·       Eternal Om mp3
·       Meditation Music mp3
·       Guide to Meditation mp3
·       Healing the Body mp3
·       And my “Lessons from the Heart” book ready for your download purchase.
Go to Home Page: www.BoSebastian.com


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day.  I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

Also, look for MY LATEST BOOK:  “Finding Authentic You, 7 Steps to Effective Change” with a Year to CLEAR (C-larity, L-ove, E-nthusiasm A-nd R-elationship-Ready) on my Website in the Webstore. Thanks!




No comments: