Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Death of a Friend and Client — #livinginthenow

The Death of a Friend and Client— #livinginthenow

I woke up this morning and posted my blog. As I looked through my email, I noticed that one of my dearest friend’s mother past away on Wednesday. I felt so badly, because I had no idea. Allen and I were just with her and her son the week before we left for our trip. We were told that though her cancer was worsening, she had about eight months to a year to live. Apparently, that wasn’t so.

I’m in a state of shock, as we all get when someone we know and love dies. She and I entered into some deep therapy together, so I feel as though I understood her more than most. Her struggles in life were deep. Even still, she seemed to always have a big smile on her face and a warm hug for you when she greeted you.

The Buddhists have a ritual where you imagine someone you love perishing all the way until you she their bones and skin becoming one with the earth again. I believe this ritual is a beautiful one because, not only does it prepare us for the inevitable; but more importantly, helps us realize that life and love is ephemeral. It doesn’t last long. If you are anything like me, you know that time gets faster and faster the older you get. I blinked my eye and my vacation was over. Here I sit writing at my desk feeling as if the beautiful ocean and sun surrounding me for 10 days was just a picture in my mind.

These days and times always bring me back to the importance of living in the now. A great woman said during the time of a recurring cancer: “The secret to happiness is to love the moment that your in, more than the moment that just passed you by.” I believe that to be true down to my bones.

______________________________________________

New Challenge: Go to Week 11 of the “Year to CLEAR Challenge” at www.Bosebastian.com

______________________________________________

Go to www.bosebastian.com for Week One to Ten Challenges:
TOOLS FOR CHANGE:
Go to Storefront to buy any of the following or make a donation to Finding Authentic You: www.shop.bosebastian.com

·       My Latest Book: Finding Authentic You—7 Steps to Effective Change (800 page downloadable Kindle version)
·       Introduction to Meditation
·       Smoke Cessation mp3
·       Weight Loss mp3
·       Hypnotic Lap Band surgery Mp3
·       Insomnia mp3
·       Eternal Om mp3
·       Meditation Music mp3
·       Guide to Meditation mp3
·       Healing the Body mp3
·       And my “Lessons from the Heart” book ready for your download purchase.
Go to Home Page: www.BoSebastian.com


* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day.  I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

Also, look for MY LATEST BOOK:  “Finding Authentic You, 7 Steps to Effective Change” with a Year to CLEAR (C-larity, L-ove, E-nthusiasm A-nd R-elationship-Ready) on my Website in the Webstore. Thanks!





No comments: