Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Is Any Fact Completely True? #change

Every day I go about doing my chores, dreaming, making new friends, nurturing old friendships, and taking care of my family. Along the way I find truths that, sometimes, almost hit me in the head like the old commercials about V-8 juice. Why didn’t I know that? I think. How could this new truth possibly have eluded me all this time? Also, as I travel down the path to revelation, I find deeper truths that seem to negate the nuggets of definitive fact that kept me safe along life’s journey. I begin to wonder if all information I have gathered thus far is just a version of the truth, but not THE truth. If I keep this truth in mind, perhaps, I won’t be beating myself up about not understanding life on a day-to-day basis. Or is this last truth about to change as well?

Let’s look at an example. “God is Love!” This seems to be a reasonable, spiritual fact we can take to the bank. But, suddenly 9-11 happens, and you begin to wonder what LOVE is, if what undergirds all of creation could allow such a travesty. So, you begin to redefine love. “Love is the greatest expression, helping everyone on earth, even when it seems as if what happens in your life is a bad thing. Good will probably come from this. Perhaps, even the greatest lessons of my life could proceed from this one defining moment.”

So, love and its definition keeps changing with your relationship to life and Spirit. The more you get out of yourself and become a compassionate observer, the more perspective you get. Of course, that brings us to the definition compassion. One day you believe that compassion looks loving and caring and selfless, then the next day, you realize in dealing with an family member who is an addict that compassion can be harsh and strong. The truth: everything changes but change, even our definitions of life—especially our definitions of life.

Being open to that change is what makes the difference between someone who is staunch about an opinion (we all know what that looks like) and some 0ne who is open and willing to change with the time and situations of life. I promise you that your life will always be more joyful and at peace if you reach out of any small perspective or definition and clear the slate completely. Let this moment, the very present moment, redefine your world day to day.

Picture of Learning Alone

Please check out my new book: “Learning Alone: The Love Song of the Anxiously Attached,” a look at life through relationship, particularly anxious attachment, and finding the courage to face life without a special love!

Also, A Cookbook, a Novel, a Self-Help Book, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! 
Thank you.

* * *

Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.

Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.

Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]
 
 


No comments: