Thursday, August 28, 2014

#Perfectionism: Polishing Doorknobs #sytycd #realitytv

I have known people who are so meticulous about cleaning that they even will polish a doorknob or two, just to give the room an added shimmer. I can’t imagine having enough time in a day or the care to do such a meaningless action. Yet some, especially when trying to sell a home or get a room ready for a big party, will go to the nth degree to give their place that perfect look. I’m more apt to be the dude who will put something front and center that is absolutely imperfect—like a chipped vase—because I don’t think anyone feels comfortable in perfection.
I watched the performance finale of “So You Think You Can Dance,” last night. The producers showcased each of the four finalists with a five-minute autobiographical segment of their journeys to get to the finals. One young man who has had nothing but praise the entire season shared that his journey was more difficult in the process, because he has had to live up to perfection every show. From the first audition, I kept thinking Ricky would be the winner. However, now that I had watched the last dances, I’m beginning to wonder if America would settle on an underdog instead of the frontrunner.
If you watch any reality television that includes some kind of talent contest, America tends to always pick a person who has been less than perfect, rather than spot on. Have you ever thought about why the guy or girl who cracked or sang flat when singing her last song usually wins over the person who was perfect?
Who can relate to perfection? If you have had a narcissistic guardian or teacher in your past, you may think that perfection is the goal. But, when the time comes down to choosing the person who most deserves to win, we will all pick a contestant who has grown in the contest and who is less than perfect, because we can relate. You’ve heard the Salvador Dali quote, “Have no fear of perfection; you’ll never reach it!” That’s you! That’s me!
When you settle in to the idea that perfection isn’t the goal in your life, you may consider a more attainable goal: PEACE! Joy! Truth! Passion! All of these choices require authenticity, but not perfection.
When I sit down to meditate, I don’t have a goal in mind. I simply desire for quiet and to download some of God’s awesome insight into my mind. When I seek for Joy, I simply reach into my heart for what would make me happy in any particular moment. When I search for truth, I let the universe reveal it in the metaphors of life. And, finally, when I live for passion, I don’t start off aggressive and teeming with desire; I begin a slow course in discovery of something or someone new. In this mysterious unveiling, passion comes without my help.
So, today, choose to polish something worth shining. Begin to take off those cobwebs on your social and spiritual life. Chip off the corrosion that keeps the door hinges to your happiness and joy from opening wide to your bountiful and delicious life!
 ***
Book Cover - Full Size
The name of this book is the brand for all of my books, because perfection is never the goal. We all have a unique and wonderful way to get to our passion and joy. My goal is to help you find ways to clear the path so you can see your awesome future. Try this book and its 365 Daily Discoveries! Buy it Now!
[Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books helps people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE. Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual WarriorGo directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle: ]


No comments: