Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lose 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks #weightloss #diet

Lose 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks #weightloss #diet

Drew Carey said, “Eating Crappy food isn’t a reward—it’s a punishment!” I’d have to totally agree with him. Also, I’d add to that: punishing yourself for something someone else did to you is like “drinking poison and hoping the other person dies,” which is a quote from Joyce Meyer relating to forgiveness. Either way, self-punishment is not the way to lose weight or to garner self-esteem. I tried a new diet that I devised, and I lost a much-needed 10.5 pounds in just about 2 weeks and 14 pounds in less than a month. Here’s how:

Start the day: I weigh in every morning before the day begins to keep an accurate, stable analysis. After I get up, I assess if I’m even hungry. Sometimes I’m not, and I’ll wait to eat for an hour, but not longer. I have taken to only drinking about a ¼ cup of coffee, because of the acid content. I like a little caffeine, but not enough to make my stomach sour, which acid does. I eat only ½-3/4 of a cup of steel cut oats in the morning. I make them myself once a week and freeze 7 portions in the freezer. I defrost them in the morning. Eat them with just a little 2% milk and no sweetener. If you need a little sweet, use agave nectar. Sometimes, like today, I didn’t feel as if I wanted the entire portion, so I put it back in the plastic container for another day. Oats don’t go bad for a while if they are refrigerated.

A note: I have found that weaning off of agave nectar and salt on food has added an ingredient to dieting I hadn’t thought of: the less savory or sweet something is, the less desire you have to eat beyond your hunger. So, without sugar, I’m able to gauge when I’m simply full without the added ingredient of desiring the rest because it just tastes so good and sweet or savory.  Also, I have taken to using ionizing and alkaline drops (Ion Boost) in my first glass of water in the morning to keep my stomach neutral instead of acidy. Recent tests have proven that an acidic body will create pain and produce hunger, especially for sweet food and carbohydrates.

Work Out: With less food in my stomach, I am more apt to want to work out before lunch. I have been doing the Step Machine or a yoga workout focusing on my abdominal muscles almost everyday. If I wait to workout until the evening, I find it harder to get motivated. You have to try and get at least 30-40 minutes of exercise in each day, or the food portion of the diet will be minimized, at best. “If you put energy in, use that energy.” Also, make sure that when you do abdominal work (which you must do to lose from the midsection of the body and gain core strength), then you must contract the muscles in the abdomen tightly while working those muscles. If you can’t get to the gym or do a yoga work out, bounce on a fitness ball while pulling in the abs while you watch television at night.

For lunch, eat only steamed broccoli, carrots, onion, and kale with a teaspoon of melted, real butter. If on week two, you want to add 2-3 oz. of lean protein, that’s fine. Add the protein only when you feel depleted of energy. One boiled egg or a few ounces of lean turkey, chicken or fish would be best. With this meal, you may want to add a bit of salt (using different kinds of salt from various parts of the world is very good for your body—of course, you have to buy these various salts at Whole Foods or a specialty store), because you actually want to eat the entire portion of vegetables, even though it appears to be a lot of food. I have an entire cereal bowl of veggies, parboiled, and not cooked to death. Make sure they are still a bit crunchy. Honestly, I had no idea how much I enjoyed vegetables until now. I have been craving them every day. I actually look forward to the part of my meal I usually would save for last.

Snack:
I have a piece of fruit or a low fat yogurt for a snack between dinner and lunch.

At dinner, eat about a palm-sized portion of some kind of protein, tender and not so fatty. Also, I may eat a very small portion of a carb, such as rice or potato or gluten free pasta (I am totally gluten free now, which I believe has helped, as well) and a salad—everyday a salad.
For dessert, if I’m still hungry and want that little something extra, I eat a dessert-sized ramekin of Jello (sugar free).

At night, for a snack I have a couple of different things. I have been rolling up a piece of lowfat cheese in a piece of ham. I may eat a small bag of fat-free popcorn (this tends to be my go-to, because it’s crunchy and fills me up). Eating the protein and popcorn together is okay. I have done both and still lose weight. Also, in times of great desire (especially at the beginning of the diet), I had one, gluten free cookie.
I guarantee you that, if you stay on this diet and do the exercise, you will lose weight! I have put some of my clients on this same diet, and we are all kicking butt!  Get healthy.  Bo. If you are on my blog, I’m attaching before and after pictures of my abdominal area to show the difference.
_______________________________

TOOLS FOR CHANGE:
Go to Storefront to buy any of the following or make a donation to Finding Authentic You: www.shop.bosebastian.com


Introduction to Meditation
Smoke Cessation mp3
Weight Loss mp3
Hypnotic Lap Band surgery Mp3
Insomnia mp3
Eternal Om mp3
Meditation Music mp3
Guide to Meditation mp3
Healing the Body mp3
And my “Lessons from the Heart” book ready for your download purchase.
Go to Home Page: www.BoSebastian.com


______________________________________________

New Challenge: Go to Week 13 of the “Year to CLEAR Challenge” at www.Bosebastian.com
______________________________________________

Go to www.bosebastian.com for Week One to Four Challenges:

* * *

Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. Please feel free to comment and/or sign up to receive your blog sent to you directly or stream with an RSS Feed.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day.  I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.

Also, look for MY LATEST BOOK:  “Finding Authentic You, 7 Steps to Effective Change” with a Year to CLEAR (C-larity, L-ove, E-nthusiasm A-nd R-elationship-Ready) on my Website in the Webstore. Thanks!




No comments: