Friday, August 16, 2013

Gas for Your Spiritual Engine

Gas for Your Spiritual Engine

We eat vegetables and protein to fuel our bodies. We study hard and play mind-boggling games to keep our brains thinking acutely. But what exactly fuels the spirit?

Once, when I was spiritually out of gas, I stopped at a filling station. This stop happened to be at the office of a dear friend of mine who practices healing touch therapy. She is not a massage therapist. This woman lays her hands on or above you and causes energy to move.

My heart had felt sick from a deep wound around a break-up. She put her hands above my heart, never touching me. My body felt as if sickness, disease, pain, hurt, confusion, and blackness had been sucked up into a powerful vacuum above me. Then she touched my head. When she did so, I could have sworn there were other hands also touching my feet and my stomach at the same time. I felt eight hands altogether.

Later, she explained that when she does healing touch, she has angels work with her to guide and help. She said many people had experienced the same thing.

Another time, when I had expended so much energy on helping others heal that I just needed to be charged. In this instance I went away by myself. I took a contemplative trip to the beach. I walked for hours up and down the shore line, my toes caked with wet sand, cool salt water rushing over my legs and feet, as the waves rushed inland. Other times I had gone to the desert and sat on top of a mountain, high above the cactus and watched the sunset or sunrise. Sometimes, connecting with nature and rest is just the prescription to bring energy back to your spirit.

Most times, though, I don’t have time to take trips when I need an spiritual energy boost. I have found that a daily meditation practice is the easiest way to make sure that my spiritual engine is filled with gas.

My favorite way to meditate is with a bunch of acupuncture needles in my forehead and in my head. This physical sensation provides just enough stimulation to keep my mind awake enough to meditate while reclining. I have had powerful meditations at East Nashville Acupuncture and 7 Directions Acupuncture in Edgehill. The practitioners in both places understand the connection between energy work and spirit. All I have say is, “I want the spiritual meditation package,” and the acupuncturist understands completely.

If you have a community acupuncture center in your vicinity, I highly recommend trying it. With prices as low as $15 a session, you can’t beat the price or this healing practice, which benefits everything from your digestive system to pain centers to spiritually recharging.

* * *
Bo Sebastian is a Hypnotherapist and Life & Health Coach, available for private sessions to QUIT SMOKING, Lose Weight, New Lap-Band Hypnosis for Weight Loss, CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR LIFE! at 615-400-2334 or www.bosebastian.com. FOR COMMENTS: Go to the Bo Sebastian link under the title and there is a place there to create a comment. Thanks.

I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. If you are looking to enter the RSS or Atom Feed, you have to go to the home page of the blog to get there. Also, I write this Blog as a part of Finding Authentic You Ministries. If you would like to send an offering or a tithe, your donation would greatly be appreciated: 5001 Maywood Drive, Nashville, TN 37211.

And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find this blog home at www.FindingAuthenticYou.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel, just by typing my name in the search header.




No comments: