Wednesday, October 24, 2012

When I thought I Failed!


When I Thought I Failed!

Every once in a while, I’ll convince myself that I didn’t do my best. I say to myself that I could have done better at reaching someone who needed me or who was in pain. During those times, I beat myself up and wish I had all the answers.

The truth is: none of us have all the answers. We have what Spirit allows us to have in that moment. That is enough. If more would have been needed, I would have been given more.

With this client, I felt as if I had taken the wrong tact, had no insight into her true problem, and when I asked questions, she was argumentative and obstructive to the process. The process didn’t mesh like 99% of my clients.

With this woman, I seriously thought I had failed desperately. Even so, I encouraged myself: “This isn’t so bad. I did the best I could. I used all the tools in my toolbox to help. My heart was open to being compassionate and helpful. If what I had to offer wasn’t enough for her, perhaps a refund would be in order.”

Fortunately, I got to see the client one last time before I made the decision to tell her my truth. When she came in to my office, she had on a happy smile and was completely changed. She told me that she was 99% free of all of what she had come in to my office for and felt the other 1% was a good way to keep her on her toes when struggles came along.

To tell you the truth, I was relieved and happy at the same time. “What made the difference between the last three sessions and this session?” I asked her…


(To Read the rest of this Blog, please click on this link. I appreciate you helping me out with this new format. The objective is to get people to the actual blog site and hopefully get you signed up for blog emails, trackbacks, comments, and truly get you involved in life change. Of course, you don’t have to do that to just read the blog. But my hope is some of you will step forward and begin to take part. www.blog2grow4spirit.com )



No comments: