Thursday, October 25, 2012

Boy, Did I make a Mistake


Boy, Did I Make a Mistake

My passion has been to write for a long time. Writing this blog has fulfilled a great deal of that passion. But, as you know, I’ve written a few novels, a couple nonfiction books, a cookbook, a vocal praxis, and ghost wrote a fitness book and a couple gift books too. 

Sometimes one needs to get paid for their passions to make a living. Singers love singing, painters love painting, writers love writing books, but the ultimate goal is to get the work of the beloved art into the hands of someone who will actually pay for what you love doing. Make no mistake about it, that is the goal for most artists. And that is not a bad goal at all.

I hope someday this blog can turn into another book for me. But tomorrow and the next day, I write without consequence or treating for that effect.

Today I discovered that my blog is camped out in a garage where it can’t go anywhere but there. It is by blogger’s standard a kind of misfit “quick blog template.” If it were to go radical and millions of people visit it, there would be no way to reap a return on my work. Why? Because of one small word: Wordpress.

So, today I tried to wrap my mind around this little known fact and see how to change my blog to a Wordpress Blog, which is why some of you, midday, haven’t been able to reach me like you normally do to have your daily fix (and thank you for that).

My blog, by today’s standards, is doing really well. This month it will have gotten about 100,000 hits. I believe that is the most I have ever gotten in a month. That’s pretty damn good. And most of you are responsible for spreading the word. Thank you again for your loving and wonderful support. You make me a happy man everyday when I read your comments and emails.

The problem today happened when my host company, GoDaddy, told me that they didn’t support Wordpress, and that I had to start a new account with Wordpress, and basically start from square one, redesigning, and republishing every post I have ever written. This would mean having to copy 550 posts one by one into this new blog.

I really wasn’t up for the task. I believed there had to be an easier way. There was a way to import from almost every where else that used blogs, but GoDaddy. Go figure.

So, I get half-way through the task of setting up the Wordpress account and get stuck. I call GoDaddy and find out that, indeed, they do have a Blog support staff that is dedicated directly to Wordpress. This was much to my dismay, since I had just spent $$$ on setting up a new Wordpress account.

So, today this account has been jockeyed from one hub to another until it is now apparently stuck in cyber Netherland. I hear it could take up to 48 hours to come back to life. I’m not sure if I really should care. I can reach most of my readers in other ways: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Stumbleupon, Google+, to name a few. This dude is hooked up and serious.

I say all this because I think that I may have made a big mistake. For now, I’m going to stay with Godaddy at blog2grow4spirit.com. Even if it switches to Wordpress, the name will continue to be the same, but my .com address will not appear in your window. Just wanted to keep you updated.
Love to you all.

* * *
I am trying to spread the word about my blog and I need your help. Please let your friends know it exists, if it gives you hope and blesses you each day. Your connection to me blesses me in everyway possible. And I would be greatly pleased for you to share anything that you read by clicking the share button in Facebook.com/bo.sebastian, or add it to your Twitter at BoSebastian; or LinkedIN at Bosebastian5@gmail.com; or find me at www.bosebastian.com. Any of my books can be found on Amazon, just by typing my name in the header.
FRIENDS: CLICK ON THE <<MORE>> BUTTON TO VOTE, LIKE, COMMENT OR SHARE… Thanks, Bo.

No comments: